Neck Pain Chiropractor Treatments in Houston TX
Dr. Sean Beukelman provides successful, long term pain relief here at our Houston Chiropractic office, located in the inner loop of Houston Heights. Voted Best of the Best, Dr. Beukelman implements scientifically proven, specific, X-Ray Based Chiropractic Care. This in depth process that incorporates the patients full history, symptoms, exam, posture profile and in depth motion study x-ray analysis has been shown time and time again to deliver neck pain relief and measurable positive results for patients across Houston TX. Its no wonder Peak Potential Family Chiropractic is quickly developing a very positive reputation here in the Houston area.
There’s nothing that can put a damper on your day quite like incessant neck pain. No matter how mild – chronic neck pain can get to the best of us, completely sabotaging even the nicest of days. Have you tried over-the-counter medicine? Or perhaps using a hot/cold compress? These common treatment options may relieve pain temporarily, but fails to treat the problem at it source. Our expert Houston Heights chiropractor, Dr. Sean Beukelman will determine the root cause of your pain and work with you to reduce, even eliminate it.
Why Do We Get Neck Pain?
Pain is an indication that our body is struggling to meet the demands of our lives. In the modern world, we are constantly plugged-in and worrying about everything from tight work deadlines to busy kids’ schedules.
- Stress: In times of stress, our bodies undergo physiological changes. Our muscles become tense, stress hormones are released and our posture is negatively impacted (take note of your posture in the next stressful situation you encounter). If we remain stressed constantly enough, our bodies may adapt to these unnatural positions. When your body can’t take it anymore, it sends out a distress signal in the form of pain.
- Injury: Sudden physical trauma can also cause our joints to become misaligned, impacting the surrounding muscles, ligaments, and structures. Some injuries may cause immediate pain while other injuries may take longer to recognize.
- Consistent awkward neck posture: Having a bad neck gait, specially in todays techonoligical age where we are always staring at screens improperly over time can have a chronic effect.
- Sleeping in the wrong position: Sleeping wrong is a more acute situation of having awkward neck posture, because when you sleep your neck is consistently in the resting position. This can train your neck muscles to stay in those positions, and will usually cause more acute pain over a few days time.
Pain is your brain’s way of telling your body to stop what it is doing. Symptoms of neck pain include but are not limited to; Numbness or tingling in the arms, tight muscles, headaches, or dizziness.
Cervical Herniated Disc
A cervical herniated disc is the same as a herniated disc just in the neck region. It is when the disk space within your cervical spine has become misaligned, which can put pressure on the nerves in that area, which can cause disruption with the rest of the spine and the communication channels of the entire body.
Neck Pain Chiropractor Treatment in Houston
Our Houston chiropractic office takes a holistic, yet scientific approach to treating your neck pain. Our intake process includes:
- Detailed medical history
- Posture evaluation
- In-depth exam
- X-rays and other tests as needed
- Full Motion Study X-Ray Analysis
Treatment will most likely include a gentle adjustment made by hand or assisted with instruments. Most patients feel immediate improvements after their first appointment. When your spine is aligned, your body responds positively. No one should have to live with neck pain. Find out how to get yours under control with an effective Chiropractic treatment plan today! Call now for a complimentary consultation with Dr. Sean Beukelman to go over your symptoms and see if his Neck Pain protocol will work for you.
Schedule Your Appointment Here
Call Us Today 832-280-4684
6212 N Main St. Suite C, Houston Heights